Bodyweight upon waking: 201
Week 1 Big Bad Bench
Day 2 — Dynamic effort day
1) Bench Press: 60% of 1RM. Total: 8 sets of 3 reps. Make sure sets are performed with compensatory acceleration i.e. lift the weight as fast as possible off your chest, really accelerating that bar. Rest 45 seconds between sets.
162x3, 8 sets
2) Bench Press (medium grip): 2 sets of 20 reps
112x20, 2 sets
3) Elbows Out Extensions (Tate Press): Warm up then 4 sets of 8 reps, using the same weight for all 4 sets
22x8, 4 sets - THESE FELT AWESOME!
4) Face Pulls: 4 sets of 8 reps using the same weight
40x8, 4 sets
5) Side Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps using the same weight
5x12, 3 sets (very strict, no momentum)
This program feels great, I am only 2 workouts into the 8 week, 16 workout plan. But it targets my weak point, triceps, and I think it is going to work wonders for my bench.
During this workout I worked in some squat work:
Nice 30 lb jump from last widowmaker. This felt closer to how a widowmaker should feel. I had to pause at the 10th rep and from there it was basically a few reps at a time before pausing for a few breathes. I definitely have room to move up though.