ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Exercise of The Week (Females Only) #1-10
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 07:35 AM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Sorry for the week Delay, (been infromed that i can start my foundation degree if get my level 3a out of way quick so been working on that)
Ok this week is a cross over, i happened to be in the gym just leaving and noticed a women doing these exercises and couldnt help notice the outer sweep appearance during, (before the comments rush in i noticed purely in a bodybuilding manor) i have heard round the mill that Ronnie Coleman and Kai Greene have used this exercise so why not give it a go
Sit with your back pressed into the adductor machine, holding on to any handles and with your legs and feet pressed against the foam pads.

bring your legs together, focusing on using the muscles of your inner thighs - your adductors, hold for a second, then return under control to the starting position.
Some adductor machines will have a combination of settings, allowing the legs to be taken wider. Avoid taking your legs out too far, especially for beginners, as this can cause you to strain your adductor muscles.
Aim to keep your legs and back in contact with the machine at all times.
It may be useful to warm up your muscles with a light weight prior to your training weight, as this will not only help prevent injury, but also make sure that the machine is set-up comfortably for you.