ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Train Hard, Recover Harder
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
my 2 cents...overtraining is very real in my opinion...i agree it doesn't happen very often with resistance training, but it certainly CAN happen...the point about bulgarian weightlifters working out for 6 hours a day...honestly they are probably not even completing 1 minute of actual work that entire 6 hours, most of it is rest...the you can't overtrain, you can undereat...not true either, especially with aerobic exercise...a lot of those guys are taking in tons of calories, but can still be overtrained...overtraining is simply "a decrease in performance" without adequate rest by manipulating sets/reps/weight...you can run the risk of overtraining regardless of the amount of food you eat. does it happen very often with resistance training, no, can it...yes...good discussion so far
while i agree it can happen yes but with how the bodybuilding 'guru's of the world talk about overtraining at the moment i'd be happier with 1% actually overtraining and not knowing that 80% undertraining because they were told its overtraining