ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Train Hard, Recover Harder
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 04:22 AM
Achillesreborn is using his HIT Jedi mind tricks
HIT Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by REA_Greece View Post
I have training every morning, before job, Monday to Friday. Sometimes, I have additional training in the afternoon, but also in Saturday afternoon. During week-end, In the morning, I have cardio exercises. I never felt “overtrained”.
My best fried has training every day, Monday to Saturday 2 times per day. She has perfect body, like figure model, but also she has beautiful face. She has two children (twins) but her body is super.
I agree that “overtraining” is an excuse for lazy people…

"Overtraining" is a term that is thrown around loosely these days, and some do use it as an excuse but overtraining is defined as any training stimulus that has exceeded what is required. Many bodybuilders are overtrained but don't know it. Why do you think every training protocol created nowadays usually has the trainee take 4-7 days off before starting the routine and then another 4-7 days off after 4-8 weeks after the routine is over. The answer...overtraining will result if the routine is continued after this point.

From personal experience I have been overtrained before when I did the double-split system 6 days a week and I have over-average genetics for gaining muscle tissue. I reached a plateau and began losing strength, and also developed a severe cold that lasted nearly two months because I "worked through it." I think the theory that there is no such thing as "overtraining" is used by people who don't know what highly intense training is!