ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Achilles Tendon (left foot)
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Rhineheart is having a good day despite the weather.
Lightweight

Default Achilles Tendon (left foot)

Hello from cloudy Beijing, China.

I haven't been on in a while -- been a bit busy with school. Right now, I'm doing a semester abroad in China and I have to walk a whole lot to get anywhere. About a week ago my Achilles tendon started to hurt a little bit when I was walking, but I ignored it thinking that maybe I had just banged it and it was bruised. However, over the past two days, it has been almost debilitating. I took a trip to the Forbidden City two days ago and walked and walked for half the day and I think that is when the pain really started up.

There is no visual injury, no redness or bruising. And if I walk flat-footed on my heel the pain is pretty much gone. I feel like I must have hyper extended it or something? But I cannot remember anytime I hurt my ankle at all recently.

I'm at the point now where I have to limp. Also, since I am in China (I arrived a week ago), I really don't have access to any doctors.

My only idea is to stay off of it for a few days? I have no ice or anything here... So I don't really know what to do.

Oh also, I can sit here and move my ankle as much as possible in any direction and it doesn't hurt... it is only when I am walking.

Maybe soft tissue damage? I am really quite nervous since I can't find any real treatment.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tim

Oh, for anyone curious about China, I've got a little photo journal going (not intended to be advertising):
http://timstravels.travellerspoint.com/

Last edited by Rhineheart; 03-03-2009 at 09:57 AM.