ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Daily Devotional
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Great devotional....too many people assume that if their life has problems, they simply don't have enough faith. As if faith could just wish away hard times. They don't stop to think that the Lord has a plan, and uses hard times to grow us spiritually. They don't think that if faith made every hard time go away, that people would become Christian for superficial reasons.

Naomi's words made me recall these verses:

Isaiah 55:8-9 (New International Version)

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

We are not going to always understand why we struggle. But if we put God before us, instead of putting our struggle before us, we can handle it. As Naomi's use of God's names suggested, our God is sufficient and keeps the promises made to us in the Scripture.
I agree I think the term faith is thrown around too loosely. Many people put a time limit on their faith, "fix my problems by this date and no later." To have faith in God, is to put complete trust in God, regardless of your circumstances. Never define God based off your circumstances, define your circumstances based off of God, He is greater than any problem you'll ever encounter. It's always reassuring to know that we're in good hands.