ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Daily Devotional
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alang View Post
Sorry for the late reply, but here's something relevant to humility:

My son had his talent show last night in school. He and two of his buddies put together a skit and mom & I cringed as we watched. It was terrible (which blew us away because he is usually such an amazingly high achiever). I must admit that I had feelings of embarrassment and disappointment inside of me as I watched. I was feeling pretty low - as I watched the other 30 performances which were actually very good. Then I thought of yesterday's devotional which focused on "Humility". I gathered myself, and took a new view on the event. When I saw him after the show I told him he did a great job, and that I was proud of him for getting up in front of a huge audience and doing his thing. He gave me a big hug, then looked me in the eyes and told me "Dad, we were terrible - but at least we had a lot of fun doing it - he then ran off to the after-party down the hall, and had a lot of fun with his friends". After seeing how accepting and resilient he was of a small failure, I thanked God for helping me to be supportive and kind instead of saying something stupid.

Thanks for the devotional - it definitely helped me to be a better person!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
I would also look at it this way, how many times has God looked down on you cringed because you weren't giving your best performance, probably daily, I know that I'm always coming up short. But the awesome thing is God still love us, we need to show the same unconditional love towards our children.
Great posts.
We are so lucky to have a Heavenly Father who loves us the way he does, if God treated us half as bad as we sometimes treat our children by yelling when we shouldn't or possibly putting them down....life would be miserable.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano