ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Bodyweight: 192

TUESDAY, February 3, 2009
Smolov Base Mesocycle, Week 2, Workout 2
(combined with Smolov Jr. Week 3 - final week, workout 3)

Chin-ups BW + 30 x 4 (80% plus 18 lbs, Personal Record)
DB Bench 92x4 (80% plus 15 lbs each DB, Personal Record)
Squat 120x4
Repeat Chin-ups and DB Bench (resting 60-75 seconds between sets)
Squat 170x2
Squat 200x2
Repeat Chin-ups and DB Bench
Squat 220x1
Squat 270x1 (overreaching)
Repeat Chin-ups and DB Bench 4th set
Squat 245x7 (personal record -tie)
Squat 245x7
Squat 245x7
Squat 245x7
Repeat Chin-ups and DB Bench for 8th and final set
Squat 245x7 for 5th set

Stretching, Ab Planks

This workout was killer. I was really working on the final sets of bench, chins and squats. Repeating a PR for so many sets was taxing....all in the head. I have noticed that my legs are recovering between workouts and I attribute this partially to my aggressive stretching routine. However, my back is not fully recovering (getting hit from squats and chins) and it is starting to affect me. I will try to implement some back stretches post workout to aid in recovery. I may consider doing Active Recovery exercises on off days as well. My back is really sore and tight today from last night's effort.

I haven't detailed my warmup in awhile. I jump rope for 2 minutes, 30 light reps on leg extension, 30 reps of bridges or I may substitute in 15 bodyweight reverse hyperextensions, 5 protyazhka (see this for details), upper body stuff dependent on the exercises performed, 1 more minute jump rope, leg swings, 5 more protyazhka, then side to side bodyweight squats before working on to progress weight increases.

Sounds like a lot, but is has kept my legs healthy while squating excessively and it gets my body temperature up which is necessary because my basement gym is about 46-47 degrees F when I start working out.

Squated 12 of 21 days

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano