ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuygiMYlkn4

This is embarassing, but hey, I can't pretend everyday is a good day!
First thing you will notice is my bald spot, ha, ha.

0-26 seconds: Me benching 270. Believe it or not, 275 went up much easier but I don't have it on video because my camcorder was low on battery and I wanted to tape the deadlift. My arms didn't shake on 275, I just blasted it up.

I really focused on my form for 275 and went faster on the negative which saved some energy for the positive. You can see in the video that I brought the bar down painfully slow on the 270.

27-40 seconds: Me deadlifting 385 with crappy form (bar away from my shins and my grip was off as the one side comes up first)

41-56 seconds: Me failing at 401.5 or 407. You can here my 8 year old say "go, go, go" and then my wife say "ahhhh" when I miss. My hips shot straight up.

57-1:12 seconds: I believe most will agree, that this attempt, whether it was 401.5 or 407, went up faster than my 385! And with better form, I kept the bar even and right along my shins. It felt better than all warmups and the first two attempts.

And you get to see Daddy's #1 fan, my 4 year old jumping up and down for this one!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 01-12-2009 at 06:28 PM.