ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I will have to make some adjustments to my split. As my lifts get closer and closer to my TRUE 5 rep max, it gets more taxing. Plus, I think the 3 heavy sets of squats are fatigueing my lower back prior to the deadlifts. I will also add a third workout to give myself several more days of recovery before repeating a workout.

Old split (based on Rippetoe):

Workout “A”
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Workout “B”
Squat 3x10
Military Press 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5

New Split:

“A”
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Assistance Work (rack pulls, rack bench, etc)

“B”
Squat 3x5
Military Press 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5

“C” - Active Recovery Day
I don’t have any exact plan for this day, but that may be beneficial, this day may become more instinct-oriented where my “A” and “B” days are about strict progression and besting my personal records.
I will use a rep range of 10-20 to encourage a mix of hypertrophy and also recovery from the low rep workouts.
I will likely do a combination of exercises like the ones in my corrective complex (several posts above) but heavier than I do them during the complex.
I may try to throw in my 3 sets of 10 rep Squats (from “B” in the old split) because I really enjoyed them!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 11-28-2008 at 03:37 PM.