ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - My first journal!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Matt Atkins should change his/her status!

Default Re: My first journal!!!

Day #7

There is a late entry into the contest that is going to pose my most serious threat. The contest is comprised of 95% women, and 3 guys. I know one of the guys very well, and I don't think he will be serious enough for the full 15 weeks. It is fun having a friend so we can push each other, but I'm in it to win it. The other guy I also know fairly well, and he is probably about 50-60 lbs overweight. If he commits to losing weight, he will beat me by a mile, not matter how much I lose. This is why I'm so mad the contest started 6-8 weeks too late. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... I'm thinking a weekly, anonymous delivery of fresh donuts is in order...

5:45am - Breakfast

4 egg whites
all natural salsa

I was off to the gym for my cardio, so I wanted to cut out the carbs from breakfast. No toast today. I had to choke down the eggs this morning, even with the salsa. I think I'm going to start switching off between the eggs and maybe some oatmeal.

6:15am - Cardio
30 minutes at level 9 on StairClimber
10 minutes of HIIT on treadmill

I completed the whole program at level 9 of the fat burning program this morning. This is an improvement. I climbed 133 flights of stairs and it said I burned 365 calories. I got on the treadmill for 10 minutes and felt very good. Could have kept going but I ran out of time.

10am - Morning snack
1 rice cake
peanut butter

12pm - Lunch
Chicken bowl from Chipotle
No rice
Black beans
Corn salsa

4pm - Snack
2 rice cakes
peanut butter

6:15pm - Pre-workout meal
2 slices of whole wheat toast
2 slices of lean turkey breast

8:30pm - Workout - Legs

Leg presses - 3 set to failure (10,8,6)
240 x 10
270 x 8
320 x 6

Leg extensions - 3 sets to failure (10,10,10)
125 x 10
125 x 10
125 x 10

Lying leg curls - 3 sets
50 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 10

Seated calf raises - 5 sets
25 x 10
50 x 10
50 x 10
60 x 8
75 x 6

9:30pm - Dinner
PWO shake

I found a new website to track my calorie intake (amongst other things) and I figured that I ate 1,633 calories today. I will do some research to see if that is enough. At first guess, I don't think it is. I'm really glad I found that website. It even has the shake that the gym makes in shake bar.