ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - My first journal!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Matt Atkins should change his/her status!

Default Re: My first journal!!!

Day #5

I'm finding that it is a challenge sticking to a schedule on the weekends. There is just too much going on around the house on these days. I don't think I'm going to worry about a strict schedule because I think I would be setting myself up for failure. Today is Sunday and we have some errands to run but my wife and I carved out 2 hours before the madness begins to go to the gym.

8am -
3 egg whites
1 piece of whole wheat toast
one protein muffin that my wife made

11:30am -
Workout

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Bench press
3 sets (10,8,6 reps) to failure

Incline bench press

DB flys
1 set of 10 reps to failure

Incline DB flys
1 set of 10 reps to failure

DB flys
1 set of 12 light weight reps

Seated DB press

Standing Lateral Raises

Tricep cable pressdowns

DB kickbacks

25 minutes on eliptical machine.

Its days like this that I really wish I had a workout partner. I injured my shoulder wrestling in high school and it has never been 100%, not even close really. There are certain exercises that are affected by my shoulder, and most chest exercises fall into that category. It doesn't really hurt, just very weak.

12:45pm -
PWO shake

3pm -

Hamburger w/o bun
Pasta salad with veggies
watermelon

I was at a good friend's daughter's birthday party for a few hours, and I think I made good choices. The hamburger is obviously a bit more calories and fat than I would like, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

5pm
Fish burrito from Wahoo's
black beans

We were going to a pizza joint with another couple and their son so I decided I better eat a decent meal before I got there so I wasn't hungry going in. Wahoo's makes great mahi tacos and burritos. My wife and I shared a fish burrito. I'll find out the number of calories, but my wife said that it was a good choice for us.