ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - My first journal!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Matt Atkins should change his/her status!

Default Re: My first journal!!!

Thank you so much for the reply, Link.

I LOVE the idea of the journal. It will be a great tool to chart my progress, not just in the gym, but with my diet and time management, and a host of other things.

I was afraid that was going to be the case with MuscleMilk. It was waaaay too good to be true. The gym that I workout out has a shake bar and I've been using one of theirs for now. The diet is definitely going to be the hardest thing for me. I can't just go through my fridge and pantry and get rid of all of my favorite cheat foods because of my kids. We don't really keep a ton of bad food in the house because we keep it fairly healthy for our kids, but there is enough to tempt me regularly. I loaded up on stuff for me at Costco, so I'm hoping that having plenty of good food around will help keep me from temptation.

The best thing about this new hobby of mine is that it is truly a family affair. As a matter of fact, I'm the last one on board. All of my kids are exceptional athletes in their respective sports, and my wife has been training for a local fitness competition for a few months. Because of her interest and commitment, two of my daughters are also tossing around the idea of entering the same show in the kids' division. My youngest (finally had a boy!!) loves our new gym kids' play place so much, he asks us if we can go... Even though my wife and I don't do the same workout, the time we spend talking about our workouts, diet, our progress, etc. has been invaluable. I very much appreciate your concern in that regard. I'm actually exchanging this hobby with a different, very unhealthy one that was taking time away from my family, instead of creating more time with them.