ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - My first journal!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Matt Atkins should change his/her status!

Default Re: My first journal!!!

I went to Costco last night and loaded up on stuff for my diet. I'm ready to go!!!!

Day 1
184.4 lbs on the gym scale (which they recently just replaced.. GRRRRRRRRRRRR)

Preparation
Last night I grilled 2 chicken breasts on the George Foreman grill, and boiled some broccoli. This took longer than I thought it would, mainly because I had to do a bit of research on the best way to cook the broccoli and I also had to clean the grill after more than a year of inactivity. Tonight should be much easier. I put the chicken breasts and broccoli in a tupperware container and tossed it in the fridge for today. After clean up and final preparations, I finally got to sleep at around 11 which is about a half hour too late. I set my alarm for 5:45am.

5:20am
I woke up before my alarm, and scrambled around for about 30 minutes finding my workout clothes and getting everything together for work. I definitely need to do this the night before.

5:45am -
4 egg white (from carton)
1 whole wheat piece of toast
All natural salsa

I am not too fond of eggs, so I bought the salsa to help with the taste. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not used to eating any breakfast or if it was the food, but I found myself having to force the last half down, and didn't finish my whole plate of eggs. Not so happy about that. I drank about 12 ounces of water with breakfast and headed to the gym.

6:15am -
45 minutes of cardio

Initially, I'm going to try hitting the gym twice a day. Cardio in the morning and then weight training at night on my weight training days. I hopped on the stairs (escalator looking thing that is real stairs) for 30 minutes at level 8 of the fat burning program (Interval.) About 10 minutes in, I got this abnormal burst of energy that ended up lasting the rest of my workout. The rest of the time just flew by. I'm wondering if this is from the breakfast that I ate. One can only assume. I finished the program semi-easily finishing at 345 calories burned after 124 flights of stairs. I moved straight over to the ellyptical (sp?) machine for another 15 minutes at a pretty high rate. Finished at about 100 calories burned after a mile. I drank approximately 32 ounces of water during workout. Hopped in the shower and got ready for work.

6:50am -
MuscleMilk Chocolate Milk flavored shake

I don't have my whey protein yet, so I settled for a MuscleMilk shake, which tasted DELICIOUS!!!!!! I'm going to find out how good of a PWO shake MuscleMilk is for what I want to do because I could see myself actually looking forward to this shake it tastes so good. DOH!!!!! I forgot the food that I prepared in the fridge at home!!! DETOUR!!!! I drank the shake while on my way to work, which took about 30 minutes or so. Also drank another 12 ounces of water.

11:20am -
1 rice cake
peanut butter

I ate this snack waaaaay later than I wanted to, and my body let me know the entire time. For one, I had to go to the store to get rice cakes and peanut butter, and I had a meeting right at the time I wanted to eat. I drank a little over 20 oz. of water since I've been at work also. I'm on my second 20 oz. bottle now.

12:45pm -
Steak soft taco on corn tortilla
Pico de gallo
cheese

My schedule got completely screwed up today. I met some friends for lunch, and decided since I had a late snack, I would eat my chicken when I got back to the office. It took way longer than I thought it would, and ended up eating a steak soft taco. Could have been worse I guess.

3:30pm
2 grilled chicken breasts
broccoli
worchester sauce

I was very hungry. I ate the lunch that I prepared and it was decent. I'm going to to look for ways to give the chicken more flavor. The worchester sauce helped a little, but I'm wondering if that is too much sodium.

5pm
1 rice cake
peanut butter

The timing was kind of messed up today. I don't think it's a horrible thing, but I would much rather get on a stricter schedule. I hope it gets a bit better as I start getting used to it.

I planned on getting a weight training session in and also dinner, but life got in the way and had to take care of some things. I'm disappointed that the day didn't end as good as it started, but it is Day 1. I will do better tomorrow.