ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - P90X cycle, and then...
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Dave I is Not Really a Bodybuilder, Just Likes Lifting Stuff . . .
Lightweight

Default Re: P90X cycle, and then...

[ QUOTE ]
If you skim this and have any nutrition recommendations let me know, Iíll definitely peruse the sight, but I feel I have more than a basic knowledge and far from an expertís.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some basics. A couple of things . . .

[ QUOTE ]
6/21/2008
I just finished yogax. Summary: woke up late, rushed off to work, finished at 2, had a double ľ lb burger w/ fries and a coke (ok, my diet needs serious re-vamping). Had some Chinese around 930 (chicken and rice), and started yoga @11pm this evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I would ditch the fast food and soda. It will compromise your results.

Second, here are some good links for total nutrition programs:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/nutri...4&subId=34

And advance nutrition:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/nutri...4&subId=33

The specifics of your diet are going to depend on your goals. However, I think a good rule of thumb would be figure out your caloric needs, eat six meals a day, DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST, eat a lean source of protein every meal and good carbohydrates, eat healthy fats, drink about one to one-and-a-half gallons of water, and optionally use Creatine Mono and L-Glutamine for muscle growth and recovery. More or less.

The links can provide better specifics. However, a protein shake, bowl of oatmeal, and handful of peanuts or spoonful of old-fashioned peanut butter, or 1 cup of cottage cheese with a spinach salad splashed with olive oil or a vinaigrette dressing, will be much better than a double 1/4 pounder from McDonald's or Chinese take-out (with some rare menu exceptions). Ultimately, those fast food burgers will generally make you fat and unhealthy, and personally I think soda has no redeeming value. Anyway, that is at least one opinion, but I recommend doing your own reading, establish your goals (bulk, cut, firm up what you've got, etc.), and create your own menus.

-Cheers