ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - 2008 - Swimming + Cutting = Getting Ready For Summer
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Vamoose should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default New Diet

Just got back from the grocery store. I'm going back to a primarily vegetarian diet plus eggs and dairy products. I plan on eating some fish and other meat for dinner occasionally. Visited 3 different stores to get as wide a variety of fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts as I could. Really excited I was able to find raw Brazil nuts so I bought the last 3lbs. Got some kiwi, apples, bananas, roasted green peas, pistachios, almonds, and pumpkin seeds to snack on while I'm at school during the day.

In another week or so I'll get back into exercising. Going to focus on improving my swimming endurance and getting cut for summer. My goal is to drop my weight down into the 170's so hiking is less stressful on my damaged right knee. In terms of weightlifting my primary goal is my arms which are always neglected. I enjoy working my grip especially with kettlebells so I will focus on that. Will force myself to do enough work to help the biceps catch up to the rest of my upper body.
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon