ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - 2008 - Swimming + Cutting = Getting Ready For Summer
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Vamoose should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Kicked butt at the TSC

Had the best day lifting weights in my life at the TSC competition. I finished in a tie for 1st place in the men's open division at the Woodbury, MN site. Looking forward to seeing where I place in the overall results which should be released sometime this week. I won the deadlift event with a 20lb PR and a 445lb pull. Had another 10-20 in me, but I played it safe since I had to drive down there and my back was a mess. Beat my pull-up goal by 1. Wasn't able to do that many when I was down to 183lb. Completely surprised myself in the snatch event. Started out shot out of a cannon. Had 70reps completed at the 2:00 mark. Around 2:30 fatigue started to set in and I slowed down my pace to make sure I could go the full 5:00 without having to set the kettlebell down which was a secondary goal. At the 4:30 mark I kicked things back into high gear. At the 4:50 mark I switched to my right hand and cranked out a half dozen reps or so. Tied the guy to my right. Pretty sure he had me beat with 10-seconds remaining.

Weigh-in:
188lb

Deadlift:
1st attempt: 405lb
2nd attempt: 425lb
3rd attempt: 445lb

Pull-ups:
11reps

Snatch:
120reps
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon