ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - It begins again
Thread: It begins again
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Growth In Motion is always ready
Heavyweight

Default It begins again

Thought i'd start up a journal again. Details are i workout once a week, on Saturdays. School's takin up alot of time. Im also trying to have a speed day for bench and deads on either Tuesday or Wednesday. My goals are just to get stronger and develop some power in my bench and deads. I'd like to be able to bench around 1.4-1.5x my BW, and deadlift 100kg more than my BW. So with my current weight that would be bench 105kg-110kg, and dead 173kg

Basic workout format is a couple of pressing movements a couple of pulling movements, a full body or leg movement. I rarely do more than one working set per exercise. I used to do HIT only doing one set per exercise and it suited me. I do a warm up set before each exercise then the working set

22-3-08

Inc DB Bench 10/10kg 13/20kg
Chins 5/BW 8/3.5kg
Dips 5/10kg 7.5/15kg 4.5/20kg (2 working sets)
Pulldowns 3/50kg 8/58kg
Good Mornings 10/30kg 10/42.5kg
DB Laterals SS BB Shrugs 8/7.5kg SS 30/50kg

Good workout. Happy with db presses. Went for continuous chins rather than rest-pause style like i have been doing. Added an extra working set for dips cuz i only did two pressing exercises. Pulldowns were good, except i need to put a plate on my legs or something. I use a cage that doesnt have a pad and the weight im using is getting high enough to make me move around. Good mornings were good. Maybe a little decrease on reps. Shrugs were good. I've still got alittle power, and i should make some nice power gains in the coming months.

Also, i weigh around 73kg. Right now bench is probably about 90kg, and i wouldnt have a clue what dead is at the moment, over 150kg though. My plan of action is to do speed work, which includes speed bench, power cleans and oly squats, to get my maxes on bench and dead up without needing to bench or dead alot. Deadlifters dont deadlift that much, preferring to do assistance exercises for speed, power and strength. Hopefully this works for me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]