ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 PM
TheMac should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the tips! What type of bilateral exercises do you suggest?

Funny, Fahsy just told me last night he used that foam pad and it helped relieve the pain on his knee. I'll definitely give that a shot!

[/ QUOTE ]

That foam roller is great for so many areas to release tension (best would be active release therapy to get the spots that the roller can not reach)

I would need a quick evaluation of your movement pattern to judge what exercise would be best for you up the progressive chain but you could always start with simple DB Step ups and Split Squats. Make sure you get a full ROM on the Split Squats (that is knee passed toe, hamstring to calf) as well as getting a solid snap at the top of your Step up. If you notice that your knee and ankle have a hard time aligning then there is some definite work needed if not let me know if you need something harder [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PS: A step is a bilateral movement so that means no using any drive from your opposite leg...the average step up the the gym goer does it not bilateral and therefore does not recruit the correct muscle firing sequence.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ikeEaglesa.jpg

"The truth Iíve discovered is that you donít have to lift enormous weights to grow muscle. By using stricter form, slower negatives, and stretching between sets you can get an incredible pump in all your workouts. Numbers are an abstraction, especially to muscles. Your body doesnít know the absolute weight of what you lift, it only recognizes how heavy it feels. The secret is to make lighter weights feel heavier. " - Frank Zane

"Sacrifice: To give up, destroy, renounce, and surrender your ego, excuses, bad habits, fears, and your couch - in the belief of an ideal or pursuit of a worthy goal."

"All thing are possible to him who believes." -Mark 9:23