ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, bro!

Things are going real good. I am making adjustments along the way. You guys should benefit from me going the program twice for sure.

Injury note:

I think big Fahsy might be interested here. I have had serious knee pain, which started in my last week in cali late December. Well, for rehab I have mostly been icing it at night after my workouts. Anecdotally, I noticed that this seemed to actually aggravate my injury. So I stopped icing my knee for 4 days. I went to do legs Sunday and it was the best my knees felt it a very long time. I was actually able to do dumbbell lunges without any real pain!

I know you are having similar issues, Chris. Don't know if you ice your knee, but if you do, try stopping!

I am not an injury expert, but am pretty in tune with my body, and that was definitely causing problems. I have heard that too much ice has the opposite effect of increasing inflammation. So I may have been just doing it too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear you knee is feeling better. I really wasn't treating my knee with anything. I am going to take a break from all back squats and hack squats for about a month and hopefully that will help.