ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - 2008 - Swimming + Cutting = Getting Ready For Summer
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Vamoose should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default T -- January 15th

KB press: 6(4)
KB snatch: 5(9)
Pull-ups: 3 sets
Pull-downs: 3 sets
Partial pull-downs: 3 sets
Bar-bell shrugs: 135 x 3 sets
ss w/
Dumb-bell shrugs: 3 sets
Bench Press: 165x6, 175x6, 185x8
Curls: 65x7,7,6
Abs: 3 sets

Had to put this one off until 8pm due to school commitments. The kettlebell work went well because I'm always in the mood for that. The rest sucked with the exception of bench press. Took it easier on the warm-up sets and smoked past 6 all the way to 8 on the last set.

Skipped pre-breakfast cardio the past 2 days so I better get my (!@#$%^&*) in gear tomorrow. Diet just has me completely exhausted when I wake up. Feel fine once I get going but I cannot drag myself out of bed. Going to try putting my competition goals in view next to my bed.

Need to take serious care of my hands the next few days. Wripped open blisters below the calluses on both the left and right hands at the base of the middle and ring fingers. This is what happens when you're restricted to using kettlebells inside and have to use chalk to guarantee the safety of those around you.
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon