ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Sugar and other high GI Carbs - are they the Enemy?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 06:50 PM
amino is probably eating
Lightweight

Default Re: Sugar and other high GI Carbs - are they the Enemy?

I’ve been hesitant to full on adopt the Glycemic Index as belief. From my earlier research into when I was cutting, it seemed that the GI was more based on the label of what foods contained and less upon how the body’s insulin levels were actually affected.

So I used it with a grain of salt and just targeted foods with more fiber and less sugars. I did however keep my maltodextrin & dextrose in my PWO shake; I tried to keep [the [PWO shake] in the mornings though, for the insulin resistance properties already occurring at that time of day.

But I’m a reasonably healthy person. Once you start throwing diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and other issues… I think you are correct that there are many studies that have yet to be run before any conclusions arise.