ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - 2008 - Swimming + Cutting = Getting Ready For Summer
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Vamoose should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default W -- January 9th

45 minute walk in the morning

Weighed in at just under 190 after breakfast. However, was on a different scale than the one which I weighed out at 193 before this week. Also, may not have been fully hydrated. Regardless, it looks like my weight is headed in the right direction.

Wide Grip Chin-ups: 6,5,4
Pull-downs: 70 x 3 sets (about 11 each)
Partial Pull-downs: 45 x 3 sets (about 12 each)

Bar-bell Shrugs: 135 x 3 sets (about 11 each)
ss w/
Dumb-bell shrugs: 55 x 3 sets (about 6 each)

1H KB swings: 10(3)
ss w/
Leg raises: 4lb medicine ball 5(3)

2H KB swings: 20(3)
ss w/
Crunches: 8lb medicine ball 10(3)

Didn't really test this workout before the break so I was not sure how it would turn out but things went really well. The DOMS left over from Monday's workout did not affect any of the work I did today. The kettlebell work at the end was brutal as kettlebell work always is, but all in all this was a nice, easy mid-week workout. Hopefully I am free of DOMS and ready for what should be a brutal workout on Friday.
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon