Re: Female weight loss and loose skin
Hi Henry. This post of yours is a bit old, but just in case you are out there....
1. 300lbs in 2 years is a LOT to expect from skin. Skin is an ORGAN so it can't just "shrink" overnight. Slower is better is the main rule. The medical community is in complete disagreement over how or if you can reduce the side effects of rapid weight loss. But here's some of what I've read/practiced over the years.
2. Hydration is key. Also, would recommend fish oil capsules, good fats like olives and nuts.
3. Age and elasticity of the skin are also key factors. I would recommend a visit to a dermatologist from day one to seek professional advice based upon your wife's unique makeup. Antioxidants, bioflavanoids to help with free radical release during exercise as supposed to help skin quality.
4. Other options to explore include 'wellness" centers that utilize bioidentical hormones (if your wife is perimenopausal or in menopause) as those whack out the hormone level in the body and can contribute to the slowdown of collagen production.
5. Nanotechnology - peptides. I would check with Dr. Perricone's website to see if they can advise you further. His product line is very expensive, but his programs and products are pretty darn good.
Hope that gives you some new options to consider. I don't believe there is 'one' answer. I just know what worked for me and that was averaging no more than 1-2 lbs a week...K