Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!
Behold, the blood occlusion mother load lol!
Kraemer, W. J., Adams, K., Cafarelli, E., Dudley, G. A., Dooly, C., Feigenbaum, M. S., Fleck, S. J., Franklin, B., Fry, A. C., Hoffman, J. R., Newton, R. U., Potteiger, J., Stone, M. H., Ratamess, N. A., and Triplett-McBride, T. (2002) American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Progression models in resistance training for healthy adults. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 34, 364-380
2. McDonagh, M. J., and Davies, C. T. (1984) Adaptive response of mammalian skeletal muscle to exercise with high loads. European journal of applied physiology and occupational physiology 52, 139-155
3. Takarada, Y., Nakamura, Y., Aruga, S., Onda, T., Miyazaki, S., and Ishii, N. (2000) Rapid increase in plasma growth hormone after low-intensity resistance exercise with vascular occlusion. J Appl Physiol 88, 61-65
4. McCall, G. E., Byrnes, W. C., Fleck, S. J., Dickinson, A., and Kraemer, W. J. (1999) Acute and chronic hormonal responses to resistance training designed to promote muscle hypertrophy. Canadian journal of applied physiology = Revue canadienne de physiologie appliquee 24, 96-107
5. Meyer, R. A. (2006) Does blood flow restriction enhance hypertrophic signaling in skeletal muscle? J Appl Physiol 100, 1443-1444
6. Burgomaster, K. A., Moore, D. R., Schofield, L. M., Phillips, S. M., Sale, D. G., and Gibala, M. J. (2003) Resistance training with vascular occlusion: metabolic adaptations in human muscle. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 35, 1203-1208
7. Abe, T., Kearns, C. F., and Sato, Y. (2006) Muscle size and strength are increased following walk training with restricted venous blood flow from the leg muscle, Kaatsu-walk training. J Appl Physiol 100, 1460-1466
8. Takarada, Y., Takazawa, H., Sato, Y., Takebayashi, S., Tanaka, Y., and Ishii, N. (2000) Effects of resistance exercise combined with moderate vascular occlusion on muscular function in humans. J Appl Physiol 88, 2097-2106
9. Takarada, Y., Sato, Y., and Ishii, N. (2002) Effects of resistance exercise combined with vascular occlusion on muscle function in athletes. European journal of applied physiology 86, 308-314
10. Fujita, S., Abe, T., Drummond, M. J., Cadenas, J. G., Dreyer, H. C., Sato, Y., Volpi, E., and Rasmussen, B. B. (2007) Blood flow restriction during low-intensity resistance exercise increases S6K1 phosphorylation and muscle protein synthesis. J Appl Physiol 103, 903-910
11. Takano, H., Morita, T., Iida, H., Asada, K., Kato, M., Uno, K., Hirose, K., Matsumoto, A., Takenaka, K., Hirata, Y., Eto, F., Nagai, R., Sato, Y., and Nakajima, T. (2005) Hemodynamic and hormonal responses to a short-term low-intensity resistance exercise with the reduction of muscle blood flow. European journal of applied physiology 95, 65-73
12. Kraemer, W. J., Gordon, S. E., Fleck, S. J., Marchitelli, L. J., Mello, R., Dziados, J. E., Friedl, K., Harman, E., Maresh, C., and Fry, A. C. (1991) Endogenous anabolic hormonal and growth factor responses to heavy resistance exercise in males and females. International journal of sports medicine 12, 228-235
13. Kraemer, W. J., Marchitelli, L., Gordon, S. E., Harman, E., Dziados, J. E., Mello, R., Frykman, P., McCurry, D., and Fleck, S. J. (1990) Hormonal and growth factor responses to heavy resistance exercise protocols. J Appl Physiol 69, 1442-1450
14. Hakkinen, K., and Pakarinen, A. (1993) Acute hormonal responses to two different fatiguing heavy-resistance protocols in male athletes. J Appl Physiol 74, 882-887
15. Gosselink, K. L., Grindeland, R. E., Roy, R. R., Zhong, H., Bigbee, A. J., Grossman, E. J., and Edgerton, V. R. (1998) Skeletal muscle afferent regulation of bioassayable growth hormone in the rat pituitary. J Appl Physiol 84, 1425-1430
16. Kawada, S., and Ishii, N. (2005) Skeletal muscle hypertrophy after chronic restriction of venous blood flow in rats. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 37, 1144-1150
Gabriel "Venom" Wilson, Ph.D. Nutritional Sciences
B.S. (Hons) & M.S. in Kinesiology, CSCS
Vice President, ABCbodybuilding
Co-Editor. of JHR
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.