ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Exercise Decreases Depression --> Why?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Chiron should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Exercise Decreases Depression --> Why?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When i come home from the gym, I peel off my shirt and hear a splash as it hits the floor. I look at the mirror and see my blood pumped body, grin and nod my head, and right then, i know that I kick (!@#$%^&*)!

seriously though, it feels great to like what youve worked so hard on, not vanity, but accomplishments.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. One thing I like about constantly training is that it feels as if you are in control. It also feels like you are in a continual state of improvement. Like everything you do, including eating your meals has purpose and meaning

[/ QUOTE ]

Great stuff guys.

You right about the control Prez, it is the best feeling ever. Besides lowering depression I also find it a great stress reliever.

Typical example would be that I would have a bad day at work, boss busting my chops, loads of work and at the end of the day I just feel out of it. I then hit the gym in the evening and after a good solid workout my day's stress just seems to fade away. I personally feel it is a great stress controller as well.

With constant training an individual does become less depressed which as many of you guys mentioned is better than being on medication, however, when it comes to stress, I dont think an individual would want to train every single day to relieve himself/herself from stress, it would be too much for the body. Then again, this depends on the individual and how he/she handles it.

My apologies if I brought up something that has already been mentioned. It has been a while since I have been here, still catching up on all the posts. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]