ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Questions for Flowerkitty
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 03:20 PM
cat13pig should change his/her status!

Default Questions for Flowerkitty

I hope you can give me some guidelines to go by. First of all I am not a true bodybuilder. I would like to go beyond toning up and add some muscle mass. I currently work the upper and lower body twice a week. I do 3 sets for the upper body and 3-4 sets for the lower body. My rep range is usually 12, 10, 8, and 6. I eat a clean diet and I consume 1 gram of protein for each pound of body weight. I also take an Amino Shooter pre-workout and the post work shake post workout.

I am not interested in competing. I just want to gain some muscle mass especially in the lower body (glutes, thighs, and calves). Am I working in the right rep range? Should I be doing more or less sets? How many exercises per body part is too much or not enough? Here is an example of a lower workout:

-squats on smith machine 4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6). Adding weight with each set
-single leg squat same as above
-deadlift same as above
-leg press same as above
-cable kickbacks same as above
-calf raises same as above

Any advice or direction you can give me would be really helpful. For some reason I am making this harder than it has to be. I guess I donít want to over do it
and lose any muscle I already have because that would defend the goal I am trying to achieve.

Thanks for you help,
Cat [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]