ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Hi Venom,

Here is a great back exercise you can try.

You use the assisted pull-up machine. I know people tend to think this machine is for weaklings, but I love it. It allows me to achieve very intense static contractions.

Here is what you'll do. Go to the assisted machine. I recommend setting it on a weight that will give you a little bit of extra help that you'll be able to achieve a stronger static contraction than if you were to just do a normal pull-up.

Now, put your knees on the pad. Put them as close to the far end of the pad as you can. You want your body positioned so that you can lean back as far as possible. The idea is you will have your body in a similar position as if you were doing a seated row. Why not just do a seated row? All I can say is pulling your body up as opposed to pulling the weight towards you creates a much harder static contraction IMO.

For each rep you do hold the top position for a 2 count. I alternate hand positions too. Usually I start with a wide-grip, then after failure, do the close-grip. This is really brutal.

I sent you an e-mail with a diagram of the exercise.