ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Thanks, Chris! Boy am I paying the price today. My legs are really sore. I also have sore delts and biceps, and my back is a little sore.

Today I did abs/serratus in the morning, full upper body at night. Morning workout was:

4 sets cross bench one dumbbell pull-overs w/ lying leg raises
4 sets straight arm cable pull-downs w/ cable crunches
3 sets seated crunch machine

I was supposed to do some cardio, but I did not feel like doing it today and my legs were really sore. So I skipped. I lowered my calories a bit to compensate.

The night workout was very good. I did 10-15 reps, explosive speed, very little rest between sets. This is to improve my conditioning, vascularity, mitochondria, insulin sensitivity, and hopefully promote conversions of type I to type II fibers.

3 sets flat dumbbel bench 75 pounds
3 sets seated cable row machine
3 sets decline barbell bench 185 - decline bench does not work well for me. I love the exercise for hypertrophy, but it consistently promotes injuries. It puts quite a bit of compression forces on my neck, clavical and traps, and it also has caused some pec injuries. So I don't do this very often, and I go light when I do. Kind of frustrates me because you can go really heavy on this movement with practice, and I had gotten it up to a pretty good number. Oh well!

6 sets old school tibialis raises - I love this exercise!

3 sets smith machine upright rows - 25 on either side
2 sets of each off l-laterals, seated dumbbell cleans, front dumbbell raises
One arm at a time preacher curl machine 3 sets
3 sets seated tricep press downs
1 set each of wide grip pull-ups, close grip pull-ups, and seated wide grip lat pulldowns. Not super setted.
3 sets seated french dumbbell press 55 pound dumbbell w/ incline hammer dumbbell curls 35 pounders. I really liked this super set!
3 sets standing calve raise machine

Took about 70 minutes.

High volume workout, but thats by design. I can do a lot more volume with short rest periods, light weight, and explosive reps. So my workout density is higher. Also, today is my carb up day, so I like to take advantage of that extra fuel, and also promote an environment conducive to glycogen replenishment and minimal fat storage.

Tomorrow is a day off for me! I like the sound off that. I've tried to train 7 days a week, but it is just too much. I always end up fatigued mentally and physically. It feels good to know I get to kick back tomorrow and not kill myself in the gym. It will all start again on Monday. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.