ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 02:30 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Back, biceps, calves

4 sets full floor dead lifts - 405 (3*5), 315 (12) w/ wide grip lat pull downs (8-12 reps)
4 sets 21's on straight arm pull-overs
4 sets lying on the ground face pulls
4 sets t-bar row machine - 4 plates, 8-12 reps per set. 3 plates on the last set for a burnout
5 sets free weight pull-down machine - 3 sets 4 plates aside, 4 reps, several cheats, and hold at top for 10-15 seconds at the end. 2 sets 3 plates, 12 reps each
3 sets Bent over rows - 225 (3*10) w/ close grip pull-ups

Biceps - blood occlusion training.

I learned this from big fahsy! Read about it in the scientific article forum.

When doing this, I firmly wrap an LP compression wrap around my arm, as tight as I can without it actually causing pain. I only have one LP wrap that I brought from home, so I have to do one arm at a time for now. I have to find another one, because this thing rocks for calves and arms!

I do one arm at a time, then do the same thing with the other arm, with the rap on. I like to keep the rap on the entire time I do the sets, which is why I do one arm at a time before taking the wrap off.

5 sets one arm standing dumbbell curls
3 sets one arm, on preacher curl machine

Repeat with other arm.

The pump on this was great.

CALVES

I did staggard sets for calves in-between my back sets

8 sets incline calve raise machine
8 sets seated calve raise machine
4 sets standing reverse calve raises

I like staggard sets a lot. Basically, I was moving the entire time in the gym. I went from back, to calves, and almost immediately repeated that. No more than a minute rest between sets.

I really like going higher volume on my back. That has always worked well for me.

Total: about 2 hours, 24 sets back, 20 sets calves, 8 sets biceps. 52 sets total.

That was quite a lot. But time really flew by today. I just moved the entire workout and got in a really good flow state. Thank God for proper pre and post exercise nutrition!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.