ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Weight loss for mature women
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 06:22 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Default Re: Weight loss for mature women

I personally think you should be taking body fat measurements if body fat loss is your overall goal. Losing weight according to the scale will not necessarily change the amount of fat you have on your body. I weigh 16 lbs. less than I did last year, but I still have the same BF %. Am I making sense? The key is eat clean, b/c after all that is 80% of what determines how we look.

I do not think at any age it is impossible to reduce body fat, I think it's a matter or harder work and dedication as we age. You can buy yourself a cheap set of callipers and go from there.

I know women that weigh more then I do, are shorter and are really ripped...that's made me focus less on the scale!!

Much luck to you!!

This all of course is my personal opinion on the subject. Obviously if you were obese you would also need to lose lbs. too. However, you are within a good weight range for your height.

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19