ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Blood Flow Restriction during Low-Intensity Resistance Exercise Increases S6K1 Phosphorylation and Muscle Protein Synthesis.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 07:01 AM
MartinofSweden should change his/her status!

Default Re: Blood Flow Restriction during Low-Intensity Resistance Exercise Increases S6K1 Phosphorylation and Muscle Protein Synthesis.

Yeah I know, it does kill the skin, but I didnīt imagine something non-elastic would work well. From the studies Iīve seen they apply complete occlusion (legs somewhere around 140 mm/hg). Wouldnīt applying that kind of pressure with a rope, a weight belt or similar cause severe pain to working structures (tendons, muscles)? Iīm not sure I could take that additional pain, the ishemia alone is almost more than I can take. And if itīs on too loosely maybe it doesnīt cause the desired effekt (too low pressure) when muscles are relaxed and not working. Maybe itīs not necessary to complete occlude either, but the response should be bigger if you do, right? Well, maybe itīs just me being a cry baby. Perhaps I should develop a special gadget for this purpose [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Isa 55:9