ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Need a little extra advice
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 11:39 PM
flowerkitty should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Need a little extra advice

I think for those last ten pounds you are going to need to be a little more structured with nutrition, and a little harder in the gym.

Find out how many calories you need to maintain your weight, and take a couple hundred off of that, between 250-500. However, as a rule of thumb, you shouldn't go under your weight times 10. So if you're 130lb, don't go under 1,300 calories.

for the structure, I would suggest this:
Before and after your workouts, eat protein and carbs.
Before bed eat a slow digesting protein (such as something with casien: cottage cheese, or plain yogurt) with healthful fats
Everything else should be green leafy veggies, healthful fats, and lean protein.

It would look something like:

pre-workout:
oatmeal/whey
post-workout:
sweet potato/canned tuna (no mayo)
snack:
big salad/chicken breast/olive oil
dinner:
fatty fish/green veggies
pre-bed:
fat-free cottage cheese/fish oil

This is just a suggestion.

About the gym. I think you should warm-up for only 5 minutes, and then hit the weights for atleast 45 minutes, 3x a week. If you normally workout your entire body, switch to a two or three day split. Such as upper body, lower body days, or the classic 3 day split of arms, shoulders/back/chest, and legs. Seperate your cardio by doing it on alternate days or 6 hours before or after weight lifting. If this is not possible, then do it after, as you have been doing. If you have not tried it yet, try to do some HIIT.