Default Re: A Change of Pace

1-16-07 Chest and back
Dumbell flys ss Incline barbell press
25x12 ss 135x5

Straight-arm pulldowns ss close grip pulldowns
120x14 ss 150x8

Deadlift
225x12

First workout went really well, I love the fact that you only have one set so you can get super psyched up for it. I tend to look ahead to the end of workouts and get overwhelmed by the amount of sets I had left. Not anymore! I'm sill learning a lot about HIT, and it will take me some time to get used to the 4 second concentric and eccentric cadence. Also, I'm having to experiment with the weights to find out the correct amounts for each exercise. I went a little too light today, but I should be able to pinpoint the correct weights within the next couple workouts. I went fairly light since I took a week off to enjoy the last days of break plus read all of Mike's book. I'm just following Mentzers beginner workout right now, and then I plan to implement my own strategy later on. I'm really excited about HIT, feel free to comment or critique anything!

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer