ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Gym Social Norms
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:01 PM
DirtbagDan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Gym Social Norms

I'm coming into this thread late, but here's some things i've encountered...

The Laughing Man - This guy at my gym who laughs whenever he does an exercise... he laughs during his sets. The first time I encountered this was when I was with my friend at the cable station and the guy went to use the bench press machine which was right next to the cable station. Anyhow, my friend is on the chubby side and is very self concious, so when we heard laughing behind us, he whispered to me "is that guy laughing at ME?". I looked behind me and the guy was staring forward into space and laughing as he was doing his set. He went on to to more sets, and laughed constantly through them EVERY TIME. To this day he still does it with every exercise and it is just very strange.

The Guy That Smells Horrible - Not much to say here. I'm pretty sure everyone has at least one of these in every gym. The guy who has some horrid smell coming from him, it smells like he took a dump in his pants. Very very strange...

Mr. 70s/80s retro - This is pretty hilarious. There used to be a guy at the gym who would look like he came straight from the 80s and 70s. You know, the knee-high socks, the nylon very very short shorts, the headband, etc. It was pretty funny.

Big Ego Showoff - Everyone's got at least one of these guys. In my case, it was this guy who came in with his girlfriend or something and heads to the legpress machine. He must have loaded something like 800 lbs. on there, when it looked like he obviously couldn't do it. He gets on while his girlfriend watches, and struggles out 1 rep. It's so heavy that he cant hold out before he can engage the lock on it, and the thing comes crashing down making the loudest noise in the gym and almost destroyed the machine. Guess who's the moron.

Eat-While-You-Train - I think i've told you guys about this person before. He's a good friend of mine, but I just had to put him in here because it's that strange. He cooks up food like steak, potatoes, etc. and eats WHILE he is training. He's got his reasons about how he believes pre-workout and post-workout meals dont really do anything or something. Pretty crazy.

That's all for now. I'll put more up later. This is a great thread!

"Some people call me a fat pig in the off season, but when I step on stage those same people are kissing my @ss" - Lee Priest

"That last rep where you're trying as hard as you can and you barely make it! That is what turns on the growth mechanism in your body. That last almost impossible rep where you're bearing your teeth, you're shaking all over, you need assistance! That rep is very special, that rep is very different. There's something special going on inside your body when that happens." - Mike Mentzer