ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Research Question of the Week--Alcohol and the Elite Athlete
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 04:38 AM
Awesome should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Research Question of the Week--Alcohol and the Elite Athlete

First off, thanks everyone for your kind complements!!

[ QUOTE ]
Great job Rocky! The only thing that made me cringe a bit was the Mercola reference. I've seen him mentioned on the forums here several times as being somewhat of a quack (he sometimes comes up when the issue of splenda's safety is raised). I'd be interested in your thoughts on that, as well as others such as our fearless leaders who are familiar with Mercola.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I didn't know anything of this guy, so I'm sorry for the usage of him. I would also be interested in learning about what the admins think of it!

[ QUOTE ]
This was excellent it convinced me to really cut back on drinking. However i would like to ask you some questions. It reduces HGH and Testosterone massively, but for how long? And how much is consumed for HGH to reduce by 70%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can't be positive on the testosterone/HGH when I answer this question. However I can tell you this: two nights of drinking in a row can have effects on the body (when performing physical activities) for up to 5 days after intake of alcohol. I also can't answer your question for as to how much it takes to bring that 70% decrease. I would imagine it is varying from person to person, however I'd imagine the 70% decrease would take a lot of alcohol. Since it says "up to 70%."

[ QUOTE ]
If i drink less than 6 beers a night 1-2 times a week would you think it is still capable of making good gains?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you would be able to. The extent to which the alcohol/beers will hurt you is going to be determined by your genes. My best advice would be to avoid using it before the night of, and the night of legs day. Legs day produces the greatest growth for your body from the release of HGH. So I think it'd be best to avoid interfering with your body that night, or the night before.

[ QUOTE ]
Good article, but for me, life is to short to not enjoy some of the finer things in life = )

Like getting smashed with your best friends on the Santa Cruz beach at night and going to sleep with a girl you just met by the bon fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Finer things in life" is just relative. I enjoy the finer things in life too--mine just don't involve alcohol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong and I'm right. I'm just acknowledging the fact that I don't feel like I'm losing out on anything by not drinking.

<font color="green">On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it - Matthew 16:18</font>

My Cutting Journal!

[image]http://a579.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/m_f88d169fd15e9b0da2b1a0d3a880241a.jpg[/image