ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Discussion: Why are steroids considered cheating 100% but supps like creatine not at all?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:26 AM
tetz8again is big
Lightweight

Default Re: Discussion: Why are steroids considered cheating 100% but supps like creatine not at all?

[ QUOTE ]
man...your missing the point im making and keep putting up these hypotheticals and examples that do not relate to my statement: Steroids are cheating because they are NOT found naturally in any food product. Do ARTIFICIAL FLAVOURS AT ALL go towards anabolism? If we are discussing "natural ingredients" then yeh you could say whey is not completely natural, but we are discussing if steroids are cheating and drawing the line on wether a supplement is natural or not is a key issue. So lets say I bought unflavoured whey, that would, by your previus argument, make it completely natural right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see the points you're making. You keep saying that steroids are cheating and I already said that they are cheating if they are against the rules. I said in a previous post that I wish I had made the topic title different because that's not what I really wanted to talk about.

I said that a while ago:

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I had made the topic title different, because I think we can ALL agree that steroids ARE cheating simply because they are against the rules. We all know that. I would like to sway away from that and what I really want to focus on is why if things are "natural" it sounds like they are great for you and you should be doing it that way. But if something is unnatural, it is all of a sudden the worst thing in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is why in my last big post I talked about things that you weren't talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
man...your missing the point im making and keep putting up these hypotheticals and examples that do not relate to my statement: Steroids are cheating because they are NOT found naturally in any food product.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I already said before you even posted anything that I think steroids are cheating if they are against rules.

You brought up some interesting things like this:

[ QUOTE ]
but for the average gym goer it IS cheating because it only takes a few injections per week (how hard is that?) to get some decent muscularity, which most people who choose the natural route spend hours per week preparing there food, spending money on supplements and getting 8.5 hours of sleep a night.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'd like to ask, how can something be cheating if you aren't trying to win something and if there are no contests with rules or anything? For the average gym goer, I suppose that means they go to make themselves look better for personal reasons. And if they take steroids it is definately stupid, but certainly not cheating. It is the easy way, and so what? The only thing I can think of that he is cheating is himself by losing out on the things you gain from training other than muscle like work ethic and dedication. It's the short road, but people take the short road all the time in everyday situations.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Vitamins are found in the food we eat but? So what's wrong with synthetically making more of them? Again tell me is testosterone naturally occuring in any food you eat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your're missing some of the points that I'm making too. That whole last post of mine with the examples was not to argue that steroids weren't cheating. It was to ask why in the hell it even matters if something is natural or "found in the food we eat". Read the examples again, they aren't arguing against a single statement that you had already made. They were simply to try to get you to understand how I feel and so that you could reply and answer to "Why does it matter?"

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Vitamins are found in the food we eat but? So what's wrong with synthetically making more of them? Again tell me is testosterone naturally occuring in any food you eat?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, why is it okay to make synthetic vitamins but not ok to synthetically make something that isn't found in food?? What's the difference?

You'll probably want to say "Because it isn't natural" but that's not what I want to know. I already know that many people dislike things that are unnatural, which is why I made the hypothetical about the magic steroids that have no bad effects. I really would still like you to answer the questions that I proposed in my last post.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts so far and I'd like you to know that I think now, maybe whey and stuff is natural, I'm really not sure where to draw the line now. But to tell you the truth, I really couldn't give a crap if they are natural or not natural, it makes no difference no me. Either way, it's whey. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]