ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Discussion: Why are steroids considered cheating 100% but supps like creatine not at all?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 12:08 AM
book should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Discussion: Why are steroids considered cheating 100% but supps like creatine not at all?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Supplements, such as whey and creatine, only supplement what is already in our diets - where do you eat testosterone or deca? Supplements are natural because they are found within ourselves and in the food we eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand everything your saying, but what if there was a food with testosterone in it? Then it would be in ourselves and in the food we eat too. Don't a lot of the users drink their steroids in a milkshake? Like that muscular kid that is on tv, his dad fed him "chocolate mystery shakes" as early as he can remember and had him lifting when he was like 2. And I remember seeing someone else ho talked about his friends giving him chocolate shakes after he worked out and then he got addicted to taking steroids. Those steroids were in food, does that make those steroids more natural than others?

Dude nobody in their right mind would actually drink steroids unless they were in pill form. And your analogy is false, your talking about situations where drugs are put into that persons food - not naturally occuring in it
[/b]

[ QUOTE ]
Supplements are natural because they are found within ourselves and in the food we eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

We supplement with "Whey Protein Powder", not food.

Scientists make this stuff in a lab. They have all these processes where they filter out the proteins and remove lactose and fat, etc, until it isn't even a dairy product anymore, it's just a powder. You can't squeeze powder from a cow. If we wanted to get "natural" protein pwo, we'd be eating eggs and we'd wash it down with milk straight from a cow. Imo, that would be more natural, wouldn't it?

PROTEINS are found in food. HORMONES are not. Does the method it is derived matter? Then don't eat cheese/dairy as that is created using scientific knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever heard of a red herring argument?

I say steroids arent naturally found in food - you say they are if they are put in there. Well...thats a no brainer

Secondly protein is found in food. We are supplementing with protein - does the form it comes in matter? tell me can you directly supplement hormones from food you eat?

You have gone off your original argument saying that whey is now no longer natural because it is "made in a lab" (it isn't firstly, it's made on a production line just like..o wait most meats, dairy and bread products). Just because whey is ultra filtered does not make it unnatural - cheese and yoghurt would also be "unnatural" in that case as specific scientific knowledge is used to create them (as is dehydrated milk and pasturized egg whites).