ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Discussion: Why are steroids considered cheating 100% but supps like creatine not at all?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 09:57 PM
book should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Discussion: Why are steroids considered cheating 100% but supps like creatine not at all?

The reason people consider steroids cheating is because it is the easy way out. My statement does not cover bodybuilders trying to get over 200lb's ripped or hardcore powerlifters trying to push it to the next leve, but for the average gym goer it IS cheating because it only takes a few injections per week (how hard is that?) to get some decent muscularity, which most people who choose the natural route spend hours per week preparing there food, spending money on supplements and getting 8.5 hours of sleep a night.

The myth that people need to still work hard on steroids is a myth - half my gym is on them. While I have seen a few lanky guys who were/are augmented, I have seen guys blow up and shrink but I've also seen many guys start at the gym and 3 months later, after a good long cycle, pressing 220lb's for reps and gaining what looks to be 20-30lb's of muscle. It's almost summer here and I can just imagine when I head into the gym I'll see 3-4 guys pressing 35lb dumbells and then in 2.5 months pressing 85's ripped. Unless they have some insane sort of dedication and knowledge that last for 4-5 months then I doubt they work as hard as a natural lifter.

Supplements, such as whey and creatine, only supplement what is already in our diets - where do you eat testosterone or deca? Supplements are natural because they are found within ourselves and in the food we eat.