ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet Part II - Essential Fats
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 04:21 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet Part II - Essential Fats

Excellent Research, William Wallace!!!

I think there is a lot of validity to the issue of eating whole fish for your source of EPA and DHA. Farmed fish does appear to have less of these fats; it also contains some toxins which may be hazardous to health. So if you are going to have fish, you should do your research, and get a fish such as salmon, that is fresh, and in season. Otherwise, you will not get optimal results.

Concerning saturated fats, you want to have a little bit in your diet. This is because they are very important for the production of anabolic hormone such as testosterone. It appears that polyunsaturated fats do not have this effect, however. So if all your fats are from EFA’s, your hormones will suffer.

But, there are alternatives to saturated fats from meats; which, in excess may have side effects such as increased cholesterol, etc. For this, I would check out my first “fat efficiency in the diet thread” if you have not. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I think the best way to avoid all these issues, is to just get some fish oil, or fish oil pills, as TheShanMan advised. However, you are going to want to purchase a pharmaceutical-grade fish oil, that filters toxins.

didymus

I have used this for a long time, http://www.netrition.com/pbl_pure_omega3_page.html

From my research, this one appeared to have the highest EPA/DHA density; and it is void of toxins.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.