ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Gym Social Norms
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 06:38 AM
Qester is looking forward to his cardio session tommorow
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Gym Social Norms

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For a cage or rack, I would say take ALL the weights off. Yes, most people (well depending on the gym you go to - LOL) use it for squats, and of course they can start at one plate for a warmup and such. But there are still a lot of people that don't (far more than leg press). Not to mention the variety of exercises you can do here, such as lunges that you might desire a lower weight. Also - remember height. I am pretty short, 5'7, so when a 6'6 dude leaves the bar 1 foot above my head (his squat start height) with the weights on it does become a chore to have to take them off before readjusting the clips lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - I agree, should never leave weights on in a cage. More often than not I will reposition the rack either because of a difference in height or because I'm doing a non-standing exercise like heavy bench without a spotter or seated BB military presses.

Even though I can see the logic behind leaving a plate on the leg press, my philosophy is that I'd rather just ALWAYS return the weights because I'd rather not presume that the next person will want it like that and then be wrong. I think it's better that the next person has to load the weights, than the next person has to remove the weights.

But hey, we're only touching on part of what my original thought was. And I hope we can all agree on this next part... people leaving dumbells or plates on the floor, by the benches or whatever, rather than returning them to the racks they belong to (please tell me you all agree [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

That i definately agree on

"Obstacles are those frightening things that become visible when we take our eyes off our goals."
Henry Ford