ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Gym Social Norms
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
TheShanMan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Gym Social Norms

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One thing that bugs me is when people don't return equipment to the right spot. "Gee, I guess the last guy thought I'd want this here." [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] And then when I see some girl having to peel 45's off of the leg press or something I realize it must tick girls off even more because it's much harder to handle the heavy weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That can work two ways though..I hate having to rack up the squat rack or such, i'd much rather someone have just left a 45 plate on and then people could add weight from there..It would inconvience people less if a 45 was on the bar and a few girls had to take it off, then countless others having to search for a free 45 to put on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like someone who leaves the weights on. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Seriously though, that's selfish in my mind, and you're missing part of my point... if people returned equipment to the right spots, then why would it be hard to find 45's? Does your gym really have so few 45's that they're that hard to find?

Sure it's nice if the barbell magically has exactly the weight you want on it, but that doesn't make it right. If you're getting ready to pull weights off to put them away and someone says "go ahead and leave it" because they're going to use it after, that's one thing, but thinking you're doing a favor for people by leaving the weights on is just rationalizing inconsiderate behavior.