ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Excessive creatine supplementation - request
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 AM
ryancostill should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Excessive creatine supplementation - request

We have some great minds and some great researchers here on abc. I am looking for a paper (or papers) on a specific issue relating to creatine supplementation. What I am looking for is any evidence that suggests that excessive creatine supplementation (I mean EXCESSIVE, way beyond the recommended loading and maintenance doses) could cause renal failure (kidney damage) or liver problems.

Has anybody any evidence of this happening? The paper would not have to be a strictly controlled group study, it could be a simple case study or even a review paper in which the issue might be discussed.

I have heard anecdotal reports of people supplementing with inordinate amounts of creatine (up to ten times the reommended doses) and running into problems (obviously!). But I cannot find anywhere "formal" where this is discussed or documented.

If you dont have what I am looking for but just want to further discuss this issue, that would be welcome also!

http://www.london2012.com/NR/rdonlyr...ghtlifting.jpg

Creatine: A literature review

Creatine: Practical Applications

International Symposium of Biomechanics in Sport