ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Failure Training
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 05:23 PM
TheMac should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Failure Training

[ QUOTE ]

Also I have been thinking about the different adaptions different programs bring out. Failure is probably more suited for programs that center on breaking down a muscle for a rebound effect (shock training, HIT, high volume training) while non-failure training is best suited for programs that mainly center around weight progression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great input book!

You touched on a very important part of my idea, goals. While on a bulk my goals change than on a cut due to my caloric consumption. While cutting it is way harder for our muscles to repair properly from a ton of damage and excess volume. The goal of a properly developed cut is to maintain muscle mass (or slightly improve it) while dropping bodyfat. Research seen in the tapering articles here at ABC show that intensity is the #1 factor for keeping these adaptions therefore while one is dieting keeping intensity at it's highest is of the utmost importance. In order for this to happen you may need to lower volume and use less demanding workouts as to not cause excess stress.

While on a bulk though i do believe that the body can take a lot more and it is not as large an issue as their are nutrients available to rebuild.

Just a though,

-Mac

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ikeEaglesa.jpg

"The truth Iíve discovered is that you donít have to lift enormous weights to grow muscle. By using stricter form, slower negatives, and stretching between sets you can get an incredible pump in all your workouts. Numbers are an abstraction, especially to muscles. Your body doesnít know the absolute weight of what you lift, it only recognizes how heavy it feels. The secret is to make lighter weights feel heavier. " - Frank Zane

"Sacrifice: To give up, destroy, renounce, and surrender your ego, excuses, bad habits, fears, and your couch - in the belief of an ideal or pursuit of a worthy goal."

"All thing are possible to him who believes." -Mark 9:23