ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Competition—the Struggle for Excellence or Victory?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Competition—the Struggle for Excellence or Victory?

That was a great response!

As you bring up, it really depends. At least, the magnitued that competition will motivate, or demotivate an individual, depends on their goal orientations, among other variables.

[ QUOTE ]

I believe that competition can be seen to be made up of jealousy and selfishnes which seem to be human nature. We as humans want to be seen as the best, simply superior to the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought of this, but I think of it the other way around lol. You see, maybe it is not that we are inherently jealous, but rather that the insanely competitive society we live in, has lead us towards an outcome oriented mentality, which then promotes this jealousy. We then assume that this is innate, because we are so indoctrinated in competition, as Eitzen suggests, “just like a fish doesn’t understand water because it does not know anything different.”
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.