ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:02 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet

[ QUOTE ]

1. MCT's digest differently than regular fats, much quicker since they bypass the normal pathways of fat digestion. So saying they would slow down digestion is like saying that sticking your hand out the window would slow down your car on the freeway After all, whey and dextrose/malto are some of the quickest digesting foods around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a bit exaggerated. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

2. You're right, you need energy. Energy to synthesize protein, replenish glygogen, restore ATP, etc. Why rob the proein/carbs from your PWO shake when you could supply your body with a prefered fuel source?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are saying here? Are you saying MCT oil is a preferred energy source over carbs?

[ QUOTE ]

I figure that after the thermic effect of digestion(metabolic cost), as well as the energy cost of all the gowth/repairs your body needs, over half your PWO meal is gone. That only leaves you with half the materials for muscle building.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, there are two possible ways to handle this:

1. Increase your post workout shake by upping your carbs and proteins
2. Have another meal 1 hour after.

So why have fat when you could just up protein and carbs?
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.