ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Tip of the Week: Learning to contract your abdominals
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 12:13 AM
TheMac should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Tip of the Week: Learning to contract your abdominals

Here are two quick tips that should help you to train your abdominals much more effectively!

1. Maintain a posterior pelvic tilt during all your ab training. This means having the front of your hips face upwards. Your lower back should be touching the ground while doing any lying down abdominal work. In doing so we shift the weight from our hip flexors to our abs. I see this done wrong so many times in the gym no wonder why no one ever feels their abs contract.

2. To quote Old Schools ab training article located here :
[ QUOTE ]
The abdominal muscles primarily work within a 0 to 45į range of motion (ROM). When the plane of motion exceeds 45į, the hip flexor and psoas muscles carry out a majority of the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the reason why people preform so many crunches is because they never really feel their abs working. With these 2 tips in mind i sure hope you do! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ikeEaglesa.jpg

"The truth Iíve discovered is that you donít have to lift enormous weights to grow muscle. By using stricter form, slower negatives, and stretching between sets you can get an incredible pump in all your workouts. Numbers are an abstraction, especially to muscles. Your body doesnít know the absolute weight of what you lift, it only recognizes how heavy it feels. The secret is to make lighter weights feel heavier. " - Frank Zane

"Sacrifice: To give up, destroy, renounce, and surrender your ego, excuses, bad habits, fears, and your couch - in the belief of an ideal or pursuit of a worthy goal."

"All thing are possible to him who believes." -Mark 9:23