ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Tip of the Week: Cardiovascular System and Fat Burning
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 10:24 PM
TheMac should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Tip of the Week: Cardiovascular System and Fat Burning

Hey ro151 there are a few factors to consider here,

[ QUOTE ]
what's the best time to do cardio

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally speaking seperating cardio and weight training by 6 hours is recommended and will lead to the best results. If this is not an option for you (if you aren't working over 10 hours a day i can't see how you can't have the time if you want it bad enough) then either doing 30minutes of low intensity before or higher intensity after would be your best bet. Remember to try and minimize the time spent doing cardio after a workout as you want your Post Workout Shake as soon as possible to supress cortisol.

[ QUOTE ]
how frequently a week, how many minutes and at what heart rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
My recommendation is that the more times you spend weight training a week the less high intensity cardio i would do while on a cut. In your case you should have no problem doing cardio at least 3 times a week with 1-2 of them being higher intensity. As for the time length this will depend on your intensity, to optimize fat burning 30-60minutes at 70-80% of your Max HR would be great. For cardiovascular benefits i would recommend intervals reaching a minimum of 90% of your max HR for best results.

Hope that helps! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ikeEaglesa.jpg

"The truth Iíve discovered is that you donít have to lift enormous weights to grow muscle. By using stricter form, slower negatives, and stretching between sets you can get an incredible pump in all your workouts. Numbers are an abstraction, especially to muscles. Your body doesnít know the absolute weight of what you lift, it only recognizes how heavy it feels. The secret is to make lighter weights feel heavier. " - Frank Zane

"Sacrifice: To give up, destroy, renounce, and surrender your ego, excuses, bad habits, fears, and your couch - in the belief of an ideal or pursuit of a worthy goal."

"All thing are possible to him who believes." -Mark 9:23