ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Tip of the week: Keeping your elbows in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 03:34 AM
TheMac should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Tip of the week: Keeping your elbows in

[ QUOTE ]
If you always keep your elbows in, for exercises such as tricep presses and bicep BB curls, you woulnt be able to vary your grip as much, and not hit diffrent sections of the muscle as well. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first off i was speaking in terms of pushing or pulling exercises which will mainly be back and chest movements where we actually want our biceps and triceps to do less work than needed rather than extension and flexion(or curls) where they are designed to make them do more work as they are the primary muscles being worked.

To answer your question though there are very few exercises i can think of when it comes to arms where your elbows should flare out(other than elbows out extensions and such designed to train that motion). BB curls should be done with elbows tucked no matter what, i have actually stuck plates in between trainies arms while doing this movement to ensure no cheating is done. Change your grip all you want but try to keep your elbows tucked during most exercises.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ikeEaglesa.jpg

"The truth Iíve discovered is that you donít have to lift enormous weights to grow muscle. By using stricter form, slower negatives, and stretching between sets you can get an incredible pump in all your workouts. Numbers are an abstraction, especially to muscles. Your body doesnít know the absolute weight of what you lift, it only recognizes how heavy it feels. The secret is to make lighter weights feel heavier. " - Frank Zane

"Sacrifice: To give up, destroy, renounce, and surrender your ego, excuses, bad habits, fears, and your couch - in the belief of an ideal or pursuit of a worthy goal."

"All thing are possible to him who believes." -Mark 9:23