ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Research Question of the Week—The Effect of External Rewards on Intrinsic Motivation
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 09:52 PM
kprzCreation should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Research Question of the Week—The Effect of External Rewards on Intrinsic Motivation

I believe extrinsic motivation enhances motivation. Look at the boxer John Braddock. He was a light heavy weight champ and at his peak before the depression (already intrinsically motivated). Then when the depression hit, his wins became losses untill he got his licensed revoked. In the boxing world hes considered a washed up old man. Then his old manager came and gave him a match with the number one heavyweight contender in which he'll fight the next night, since the original fighter cancelled and no one would fight the guy with out training. To cut a long story short, he beats him and everyone else to become the champ. He fought for food and the utility bills, so his kids wont starve or freeze to death.

Also, isnt God considered extrinsic motivation? I dont pray just to pray. I pray to praise God and for his blessings.